Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

The wonderful and versatile Hunter S Jones invited me join this  fun blog hop and I was very excited about being a part of it. If you missed out on her guest spot on my blog last week, you can learn more about her book, Fables of Reconstruction in her blog post here.



Now, I'm supposed to talk a little about myself, which I always find difficult to do. I am primarily a young adult author. I currently have four books available including Destiny, Destiny Unveiled, Phantom, and Morrigan. I have three more releases scheduled for 2013 plus a few anthologies I am hoping to take part in. I live at the Jersey Shore with my four wonderful kids ranging in age from one through twelve and my wonderful husband, Timmie. When I'm not writing books, I'm writing reviews on my blog, New Age Mama which was recently named one of the top fifty product review blogs in the country by Cision. To learn more about my books, please come visit my author blog.

Now, I would like to take a few minutes to introduce some of my favorite authors and books which should be on your TBR list.



Ashley Rae in the author of Not My Mother: A Memoir. This is not a work fiction but the true story of Ashley's life. Its an uplifting tale of overcoming adversity and finding your true self.


Bon Rose is my son's all time favorite author. Bon has a whole series of scary stories for middle grade kids called the Old Adventures of Haley and Jared, as well as a few spine tingling tales for grown ups. She has a ton of short stories to choose from, but Old Jacob is free on amazon today so its a great one to start with!


My good friend Tara Chevrestt just had a brand new release a few weeks ago called Votes for Vixens. I love her historical novels because they always feature strong heroines who fight for what they believe in. Tara is also a wonderful editor!



Michelle Cornwell-Jordon just released the second book in her Night School Vampire Hunter Series this week and if you love the young adult genre, Kindred is a book you won't want to miss.



If you like it hot, then you have to check out The Cliff by Christie A.C. Gucker. You'll learn some really interesting uses for your Nutella...Need I say more?


And now its time for me to share with you my newest young adult novel, Morrigan. You can order the e-book version on Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Smashwords for only $3.99.  The print copies will be available sometime next week. To get a little taste of what Morrigan is all about, check out the blurb  below. 

 Shuffled from place to place in the foster system, Morrigan doesn't know the meaning of home. Plus, she is different. She has power over fire, the ability to move objects with her mind, and glimpse into the future. Just when she believes her life can’t get any stranger, she discovers her true identity.

Filtiarn, a knight with a dark past and a surprising secret, has been tasked with guiding the heir of Tír na NÓg through countless perils to be returned to her family. Once Morrigan has been reunited with her mother and grandmother, their triad can save the forgotten land of magic from being devoured by an ancient evil.

 Where did the idea come from for the book?

The original idea for Morrigan came from a dream I had about a gorgeous guy coming through a portal into my bedroom and carrying me off to another world. Then I met my husband and he told me all these stories about his ten year journey hitchhiking cross country. The two things sort of merged and morphed to become the story of Morrigan and her werewolf love interest, Filtiarn.

What genre does your book fall under?
Young adult fantasy.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I already have the cast picked out and wrote a blog post about it. Check it out here

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Let the werewolf Filtiarn bring you on a magical journey to the land of Tir na NOg where you'll meet witches, faeries, Guardians, magical Gatekeepers and more.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Morrigan was published by Pagan Writers Press, a small publisher based out of Houston Texas.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

That's a little hard to say. I started his book back in 2009, then put in aside when I got married and had two babies back to back. I picked it up again last year in January and had it finished and submitted to Pagan Writers Press by April.

 What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I personally don't like to make comparisons with books anymore than with people. Each book is its own unique work of art and should judged based on its own merits.

Who inspired you to write this book?

Primarily my husband but my love of Celtic myth also played a big role in the creation of this story.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

Morrigan pulls from Celtic myth and lore, but it also has some aspects unique all unto itself. The twin Gatekeepers who man the portal,  the morphing Guardians, and even the elemental battle at the climax of the story were all born of my own imagination.


Well, that seems to be the end of the questions. If you made it this far, thanks so much for checking out  my book and I hope you will take a peek at the other writers I mentioned. Don't forget that the holidays are coming and there is no greater gift that the gift of reading.

2 comments: